Sunday, March 22, 2009

Training for March 22, 2009

Took one of my newly assembled sandbags outside and did some basic, light work. I loaded the bag with 60 pounds of sand (I have smaller bags each containing between 2 to 2.5 pounds each) and proceeded to just do about 20 minutes of random movements. I didn't want to think about it, I just wanted to do what felt right at the moment as I was using this as a deloading day.

I alternated, in random order and random number of reps, the following moves, beginning and ending each rep with the bag on the ground:

  • Cleans
  • Bent-over rows
  • Zercher squats
  • Military press
  • Crossovers, which consist of cleaning the bag and throwing it over one shoulder, then dropping the bag to the ground and repeating on the opposite side
  • Drags - dragged the bag backwards in grass, moving as fast as I could, given my turf toe

Even though I was certainly sweating at the end of the 20 minutes, I was only slightly tired and felt rather refreshed. Goal accomplished!

No comments: