Monday, March 30, 2009

Training for March 30, 2009

Just got done with my first VO2max training. I started with a 16kg bell.

For those who don't know what VO2max training is, here's the definition from the Wikipedia page:

VO2 max (also maximal oxygen consumption, maximal oxygen uptake or aerobic capacity) is the maximum capacity of an individual's body to transport and utilize oxygen during incremental exercise, which reflects the physical fitness of the individual
The short of it: a fitness protocol that will show you just how weak and out of shape you really are. :)

I started with 6 minutes total. 8 kettlebell snatches with left arm for 15 seconds, then a 15 second rest. Switch to right arm. Repeat for a total of 6 times through. Heavy breathing and cursing commences. I missed one freaking rep on the next to last set! I was pissed, and determined that will never happen again.

Tomorrow I up the time to 7 minutes. Yay for self-inflicted torture! I would have it any other way!

Some additional links for those who want more info:

No comments: