Thursday, March 12, 2009

Z-Health Rocks! And Tonight's Training

I've been doing the full body R-Phase just about every day for the past several weeks and it feels wonderful. I've been adding additional time and hitting certain areas more than others on some days, depending on how the movement feels.

As time has gone on, I discover that my right foot just wants to turn outwards, and I find that I have to work on keeping it facing forward, and when I do that I feel like the movements are more difficult. Also, I'm working hard on keeping tall, because as a computer person, I tend to hunch over a good deal of the time.

As far as kettlebell training, I've been cycling through some complexes that I like. With the turf toe I am working through, it can be difficult to do some moves like lunges, but I'm doing the best I can with them.

Tonight my training will be:

Pre: Foamrolling
A1: Squat Press or Clean & Press w/2 35lb bells, 3x8
A2: Bent-over rows w/2 35lb bells, 3x8
A3: Stiff-legged Deadlift w/2 35lb bells, 3x8
B1: Alternating lunge & reverse lunge w/1 35lb bell, 3x8
B2: Pushups, 3x8

One minute rest between each set of A and B, and one minute of rest before moving on to B.

For the lunges, I may need to drop the weight some, depending on how my toe feels. I'll have it taped up, so hopefully I'll be able to get it all done.

I'll report back about how the session goes. Since I had taken so much time off due to my foot, and other issues, this is gonna be difficult, but it should be fun.

Edit: training ended up being:

Pre: 12 minutes of foamrolling
Warmup: A few sets of windmills with a 35lb bell
A1: Clean & Press w/2 35lb bells, 3x8 - Last 2 reps of the last set were tough
A2: Bent-over rows w/2 35lb bells, 3x8 - Last 2 reps of last set were tough
A3: Stiff-legged Deadlift w/2 35lb bells, 3x8 - Can increase the reps to 9
B1: Alternating lunge & reverse lunge w/1 35lb bell, 3x8 - Hard with turf toe, had to use no weight
B2: Pushups, 3x8 - Used a pushup pro, which helps my right shoulder

Rested one minute between A cycles, and when switching to B. There was't supposed to be any rest between sets of each cycle, but I allowed three deep breaths between each set.

2 comments:

Mike T Nelson said...

Glad to hear the Z Health is working so well for you!
Rock on!
Mike T Nelson

Richard said...

Hi Mike and thanks! Zach Salazar is the guy who introduced me to Z, and though I haven't been as diligent as I should, I must admit that I'm catching the fever.