Friday, April 17, 2009

Intermittent Fasting, Day 29, April 17, 2009

Decided to check my body temperature first thing this morning: 96.8 degrees F. That's rather low, and I'm beginning to wonder if this diet is slowing down my metabolism.

I'm going to monitor this for the next several days to see what happens.

Morning supplementation:
  • 2g Vitamin C
  • 2 capsules green tea extract
  • 75mg DHEA
  • Men's multivitamin
  • 50mcg zinc
  • Vitamins A & E
Note to self: Don't ever take all those supplements on an empty stomach again.

I'll take the BCAAs and l-Glutamine later, closer to my workout time.

Edit: I felt miserable for most of the day. Just a feeling of "crapness." Tired, hungry, cold, weak. I think that I've been cutting my calories too low, as I hypothesized in the previous entry about diets and testosterone. Today I just needed to eat whatever, whenever, plan be damned.

Around 1pm, I was just so hungry that I decided to eat. This hunger wasn't the "oh, I'm hungry but I can ignore it" kind of thing. It was a deeper feeling, something that felt like it needed to be resolved. I suppose that doing intermittent fasting has made me more sensitive to actual periods of need, rather than my socially conditioned meal times.

A few hours after eating and I began to feel much better, but it wasn't until about 6:30PM that I felt un-crappy enough to exercise. I didn't feel like I could do much, so I decided to not push it. Just some simple sandbag training, cleans and presses; 80lbs in the bag,

I feel tons better now, as I write this, but I think that I will get to bed early and try to recuperate. Maybe I'm just fighting a cold, but I'm not sure. It doesn't feel like a normal cold, it feels deeper than that.

No comments: