Monday, April 13, 2009

Not Quite A Weekly Weigh In & Training Update

As of this morning I weighed 220 lbs, which is 4 pounds less than last time, which was two weeks ago. So, averaging 2 pounds per week isn't bad at all.

I am visibly smaller and both my gut and sides seem tighter over the past week.

As for training, I took the weekend off from heavy training because of two reasons: 1, my ankle still wasn't feeling too good and I didn't want to stress it by going to Krav Maga training, and 2, I felt like I was catching a cold this weekend, so I mostly relaxed and drank Theraflu (but not enough water, stupidly). However, I was not all laziness this weekend.

Did GTG work with sandbags (not much, mostly cleans and crossovers) and also did shoulder flexibility work. I am capable of doing one-arm overhead squats (woohoo!) with a 16kg bell but that darned ankle still makes things a tad difficult at the bottom. I tried doing doubles but I just don't have the flexibility to quite get it. I can get almost parallel with two 16kg bells, but not lower.

Also, I can finally do reps on deck squats, using a 16kg bell for counter-balance. Previously, my weakened ankle made it hard, and likely my upper body fat did, as well. But yesterday I did 4 solid reps without much issue at all. I was able to keep my upper body nice and tight and driving through with the hips while pushing hard into the ground with my feet was quite easy.

Progress!

No comments: