Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Training for April 15th, 2009

Today's workout:
  • 10 minute warmup, alternating pumps, halos (w/16kg bell), and face-the-wall squats
  • 5 minutes Turkish Getups with a 24kg bell
  • ~20 minutes of heavybag work, practicing punches and kicks (I already had sore shins, waaaaahh!!)
Had a break through on the squats today. I realized that I was slightly rounding my back, which was making it difficult to get lower, more comfortably. So I focused on keeping my back straight, and immediately got more stability, even with my right ankle being as weak as it is.

I've been squatting for years, and I know the proper technique, I think that it just started slipping my mind or maybe I was training incorrectly for a while due to the ankle and other issues and just didn't catch it until now.

The Getups were harder this time, and I think that's due to the fatigue I had from last night's Krav training. My right shoulder bothers me sometimes (also felt some achiness and tightness during the pumps) . . . I need to focus on that, and my ankle, in Z. I've skipped some Z sessions and I need to get off my ass and do it.

No comments: