Friday, July 3, 2009

What I've Been Doing

For the past month, I've been working a fat loss program, and it's been moderately successful.

With the difficulties of low testosterone, progress has been slower than I'd like but I'm still far ahead of where I would have been without treatment. I remember how hard it was to just do basic work about six months ago and the difference now is night and day. I'm not really satisfied with how I currently feel, but I admit that I do feel a LOT better than just a few months ago. My work capacity is much higher and my strength gains seem to be fairly consistent as I'm using the 24kg bell almost exclusively now.

My weight hasn't changed much, but I've gotten comments on how I appear to be losing fat and putting on muscle. That's always good.

I've been following the Kettlebells for Fat Loss program that Dave Whitley wrote for the Precision Nutrition site. Dave based it off of the Program Minimum from the Enter the Kettlebell book and I've pretty much been doing only turkish getups and swings for the last four weeks, not counting the movements in my warmup.

It's been a fun, but demanding four weeks.

For the last few weeks I've been video taping my training sessions so I can go back and review my progress. However, I've lost some as it appears the latest ones aren't accessible. I have an older Sony digital camcorder and the latest tape can't seem to be read. That really sucks, as it looked like it was recording fine.

No comments: