Sunday, October 18, 2009

Kettlebell Training: October 18, 2009

Today I felt like doing something, rather than sitting around. The weather here was absolutely beautiful and so I took the bells outside.

One run through a ladder, with 5 rungs, using two 16kg bells, of swings, cleans, front squats, and presses. Rest periods between sets was fluid and probably ran between 30 and 60 seconds. I just didn't want to think about it or keep track.

I waited a few minutes and then dragged an already beat up tire out from the old dog run in my backyard and did 100 swings with an 8 pound sledgehammer at the poor, defenseless thing. I alternated sets of 20 and 10 (switching arms at 1/2), resting between sets for approximately the same time as in the KB ladder, until I hit 100.

Simple and fun.

No comments: