Monday, November 2, 2009

Whoa

I've been so busy the past few weeks that I've forgotten to blog!

Training for my Microsoft certifications has been taking up a lot of time, but it's paid off. I passed the first exam, for Windows XP Professional, and have more tools in my toolbox and a new entry for the resume.

Tonight's kettlebell training was:
  • 6:30 of getups with a 24kg bell. I tried to focus hard on keeping the tension up during this as I'd noticed that I was getting some leakage during the last few times I'd done it and even for the first few reps of today. After tightening up, nearly white-knuckled the handle of the bell, I saw instant stability, which felt great.
  • 10:00 of kettlebell swings, alternating the first few sets between two-handed swings with the 24kg and one-handed with a 16kg; last 5:00 I stuck with just the 24kg, still alternating between one and two-handed. Work to rest was 30 on/40 off. Tried to average 18 reps per work period, but didn't really count.

No comments: